I took my ten-year-old daughter to Boston Logan Airport this morning to put her on a Continental flight to Cleveland, where my in-laws live, as an unaccompanied minor. The gate agent took all the paperwork and escorted my daughter down the jetway, and then proceeded to put her on the wrong airplane. There were two flights on the tarmac being boarded through the same gate, and the gate agent put her on the flight to Newark rather than the flight to Cleveland.
Posts Tagged ‘Cleveland or Newark?’
Another airline screwup you just will NOT believe: Continental puts my unaccompanied minor daughter on the wrong plane!Sunday, June 14th, 2009
Here’s a round-up of what the news media have done with this story…
- I sent a tip to the Boston Herald and never heard back from them.
- I sent a tip to the Boston Globe and never heard back from them.
- I sent a tip to WBUR (90.9 FM) and never heard back from them.
Not so promising, eh? Well, I led off with the bad stuff so you’d be more impressed by the rest…
- WBZ (Channel 4) interviewed me in person, published an article on their Web site and ran a story on the TV news.
- WCVB (Channel 5) interviewed me in person, published an article on their Web site and ran a story on the TV news (follow the article link for video as well).
- WHDH (Channel 7) interviewed me in person, published an article on their Web site, and ran the story on the TV news. I hear they also reran the story Tuesday morning (I don’t know whether they used the same tape or did a respin).
- WFXT (Channel 25) interviewed me in person and ran the story on the TV news (I think it was their lead story at 10pm).
- WOIO (Cleveland channel 19) ran it as a lead story on their home page and on the early TV news as well, and then ran an even better story on the late TV news.
- Fox 8 in Cleveland ran a lead story on their Web site and on the 10pm news.
- The Houston Chronicle ran a story.
- This is currently the most popular story on consumerist.com, with over 23,000 views.
- Lisa Meyer from WBZ 1030 AM interviewed me over the phone. I don’t know if/when they’ll run the story.
- I was interviewed by Jane Musgrave from the Palm Beach Post for a related article she is working on.
A number of commenters on this blog and others have blamed my wife and me for what happened to our daughter, saying that if only we had flown with her, it wouldn’t have happened.
Other commenters have responded briefly and well to that accusation, but I also wanted to share my wife’s response…