I sent the following letter via certified mail this morning:
May 23, 2017
Bradford L. Smith, President
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052-6399
Dear Mr. Smith,
I have been trying to get an Office 365 / Skype issue resolved for over two and a half months. Your customer support representatives have alternated between giving me incorrect information and ignoring me. I am writing (at my own expense) in the hope of reaching someone who has the ability and desire to solve this problem.
In brief, the problem is as follows:
- Office 365 includes 60 free Skype minutes per month.
- Prior to March 1, My free Office 365 Skype minutes were correctly associated with my legacy (i.e., pre-Microsoft-acquisition) Skype account with the username “[elided]”.
- On March 1, someone or some automated process at your end unilaterally disconnected by Office 365 Skype subscription from my Skype account.
- Your support representatives advised me to disconnect and reconnect my Skype subscription from within the Office 365 account control panel.
- When I did that, the subscription was incorrectly associated with the Skype account linked to my Microsoft Live account; this is not the Skype account I use, not the Skype account linked with all of my contacts, and not the Skype account I want my free minutes to be associated with. I want my free minutes to be associated with the same Skype account – “[elided]” – that they were associated with before someone at your end spontaneously disconnected them on March 1.
- The Office 365 account control panel only allows the user to disconnect and reconnect a Skype subscription once. Therefore, now that my Skype subscription was disconnected and reconnected to the wrong Skype account, I am unable to disconnect it again to attempt to reconnect it to the correct account.
On March 1, one of your support representatives gave me an email address to contact ([elided]) and told me that emailing to that address would connect me to someone who could solve my issue. I emailed on March 1. I emailed again on March 22, having received no response. I received a reply containing instructions not applicable to my problem. I replied and explained the problem again. I emailed again on April 3, having received no response. I received a reply containing the same inapplicable instructions. On April 4, I replied and explained this, yet again. Having received no response, I emailed again on May 3. To date, I’ve received no reply.
Please fix this.