I have written previously about the awful technological failures and terrible service I have received since transferring my domains to 1and1. There’s more to the story. Here’s today’s update… Executive summary In our last episode, I was trying to reconfigure my 1and1 domains to use DNS servers I set up myself. I was able to… Read More »
Yesterday, I went to the 1and1 web site and updated the DNS servers for three of the domains I administer. This morning, when I went to confirm that the changes had propagated successfully, I discovered that they had for only one of the three domains. On my 1and1 dashboard, the other two domains were reporting,… Read More »
I was recently looking for a domain registrar to which to transfer my domains from Go Daddy (the whole SOPA-supporting, misogynistic-ads-running, whole-day-outage-allowing thing just wasn’t doing it for me anymore), and several friends recommended 1and1, so I went ahead and transferred my domains to them several days ago. Boy, was that a mistake.