- ZIP code fields that don’t accept the ZIP+4, or only accept it without the hyphen, or only accept it with the hyphen, or let you enter it and then tell you it’s invalid
- Credit-card number fields that don’t accept spaces or hyphens, or require spaces or hyphens, or tell you to enter the card number without spaces but actually accept the spaces with no trouble
- Credit-card expiration date drop-downs that default to the current month and year; how pointless is that?
- Phone-number fields that don’t accept parentheses, spaces or hyphens
- Sites that require Flash for no good reason
- Sites that tell you your browser isn’t supported and refuse to let you enter the site
- [new] Sites that make simple operations like deleting a message require multiple clicks and multiple page loads (yes, Citizens Bank, I’m talking to you!)
People who implement user interfaces this stupid ought to be permanently banned from Web programming.
So, loyal readers, what are your Web site pet peeves?