I used to be a big fan of ZAGG screen protectors; I bought them for all of my phones as well as my wife’s and kids’, and I bought some cases from them as well. Their products are fine, they’ve made the screen protectors easier and easier to self-install over the years, and their customer service was rock-solid.
- Their cases are kind of garbage.
- They are frequently out of stock of screen protectors for phones more than a year old, which makes their “lifetime warranty” kind of useless when it takes so long to order a replacement for a cracked screen protector that by the time you get it your real screen has been damaged.
- Their screen protectors are incredibly overpriced.
- Their web site is buggy, e.g.:
- If you try to order two replacement products in the same order one of them is magically removed from your cart (ask me how I know).
- They claim you can sign up to be notified when an out-of-stock product is in-stock again, but that just… doesn’t always work?
- There’s a big red banner on their web site telling everyone that they have to change their passwords, but you can actually log in without changing your password, which makes me suspect that they had a security breach they aren’t telling anyone about.
- Their customer service has turned to absolute garbage.
All this is to say that I probably won’t be buying anything from ZAGG anymore and you probably shouldn’t either.
If you have a screen protector / case brand that you like, drop a link in the comments.